Friday, March 14, 2014

Spring Forward

Last weekend was daylight savings time. I'm not a fan of the time change but the extra daylight in the evening is welcome anytime!

Today it is around 60 degrees F, blue skies and lots of sun.  You know, pretty much heaven on earth minus the pollen.  Last week, however, we missed Monday and Tuesday due to snow and ice.  The joke here is that if you don't like the weather, wait a day.

Anyway, around the time of all this ice nonsense, I decided I really wanted a new wreath for the door that said SPRING!  Wreaths are such an easy and fun way to make an impactful welcome to your home.  I find wonderful ideas on Pinterest all the time but as a working mom, I have to be very selective about what projects I undertake so I'm not cutting into my family time when not working.  I also don't like clutter so I'm not a great crafter.  :-/

Here's a time saver tip...have your custom wreath made at Hobby Lobby!  You pick out the materials and design and labor is a percentage of the materials cost.  If you find half priced ribbon or other items, the labor is based on the sale price(s).

For this wreath, I chose an inexpensive grapevine wreath ($4.99), one roll of chevron burlap ribbon (I think it was around $8?) and a wooden letter for the monogram ($1.99).  The wonderful ladies in the wreath section found a matching paint to the color on the ribbon and did the polka dots.  I thought the white would be too stark of a contrast.  The grand total was just under $20 and I love it!


We are (read: Aimee is) huge tulip lovers.  We planted (read: Brett and kids planted) approximately 200 bulbs last fall.  Here's a photo of some of the tulips and blue hyacinths beginning to push up!  We can't wait to see them fully bloomed.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It!