Sunday, March 16, 2014

Kitchen Sink Rice Cakes

Last night I made butter chicken with rice and roasted asparagus and cauliflower (definitely making again!).  I made too much rice so we had quite a bit leftover.

Our beautiful weather turned to rain then hail then snow.  A warm and comforting lunch was just what was needed.

These are not the most inventive meal but they were delicious and everyone had seconds!  They are very versatile so you can pretty much use whatever you have leftover as the extra fillers.  I had half a grilled chicken breast and an onion so those both went in.

I am not a food photographer or really any kind of a photographer.  Don't judge.


Kitchen Sink Rice Cakes
2 cups leftover rice
1/3 - 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (what I had on hand)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Minced onion (I had half a white onion)
Diced chicken breast (what I had on hand)
1 T parsley (seemed like a good pairing for the chicken and parm)
Olive oil for pan frying

Mix together everything but olive oil and refrigerate for about an hour.  Form into patties and place in oiled pan with medium high heat.  Pan fry a few minutes on each side until browned.  

We ate ours with leftover butter chicken on top but I've also made them with veggies on the side.  Because we are culinary delinquents, we also like to eat them with ketchup.

Some other ideas...ham and cheddar with basil or bacon with cheddar and chives.  You could also go with no meat and add green peas or leftover veggies (broccoli would be awesome).

Enjoy!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It!